August 4th 2017 – RLI looks forward to a new partnership with the Renewable and Appropriate Energy Laboratory (RAEL) at the University of California, Berkeley. On August 28th, RLI and RAEL together sign a Memorandum of Understanding on the scope of their partnership. In this initiative, the partners have created the Berkeley-Berlin Energy Access Group (BBEAG) headed by Philipp Blechinger. At RLI, Philipp is head of the research field Off-Grid Systems.
Based on the 7th UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG7) to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all, RLI and RAEL have created the Berkeley-Berlin Energy Access Group (BBEAG) in order to
- jointly work on models and tools for electrification modelling and planning,
- explore new fields of sustainable energy-water-food supply and transport,
- provide advice for public and private decision-makers,
- jointly develop projects and apply for project funding,
- establish academic exchange among both institutions and other international partners.
We look forward to a fruitful collaboration, in which we will benefit from our respective areas of expertise, meet the goals developed within our partnership, and create lasting synergies.
If you are interested in these research topics and collaboration, please contact Philipp Blechinger.