C-BEAR+15. March 2019
Auswirkungen von Batterie- und Brennstoffzellenfahrzeugen auf das Energiesystem (Gemassmer et al. 2019)19. March 2019
Project duration: December 2018 – June 2019
In Detmold, electric buses are to make traffic in the city more environmentally friendly in the future. Reiner Lemoine Institute is therefore preparing a feasibility study for Stadtverkehr Detmold GmbH on the electrification of city buses in Detmold.
The foundation for the electrification strategy is an analysis of the current bus operation in which the public transport service is recorded and various charging techniques and strategies relevant for implementation in Detmold are derived and evaluated. RLI will then frame a recommendation for the switch to e-buses and present possible procurement scenarios. Based on the study, a pilot line with only e-buses will be set up in Detmold. RLI supports the selection of lines and the design of the required infrastructure.
This is a follow-up project of a first successful e-mobility project with the city of Detmold, where RLI developed an e-mobility concept for the vehicle fleet of the municipal authorities.
© Image: With kind permission of Stadtverkehr Detmold GmbH
RLI assumes the following tasks within this research project:
- Market analysis of existing models and manufacturers of e-buses and charging systems
- Route and timetable analysis of the current bus operation in Detmold
- Determination of the energy demand of the buses taking into account the current timetable, altitude and weather data
- Identification of suitable e-bus models and required charging infrastructure
- Scientific monitoring of a pilot line with an e-bus in Detmold city traffic