Reiner Lemoine Institute is an independent non-profit research institution that contributes to a transformation towards a sustainable energy supply based on 100 % renewable energy. Our three research fields are Transformation of Energy Systems, Mobility with Renewable Energy, and Off-Grid Systems. We conduct applied research to scientifically support the long-term transition of the energy supply system towards renewable energy.
We are looking for a Student Assistant (f/m/d) to work on the subject
Project development, research and administrative support in the framework of the Sustainable Development Goal 7
within the Research Unit Off-Grid Systems.
Reference Number: OffGrid_48_171121
In the Research Unit Off-Grid Systems, we focus on strategies for renewable-energy-based power supply in devel-oping and emerging regions. We apply open source methods and software, collaborate with our partners on equal terms and emphasize the sustainability of our research results.
We are offering a student position in context of our general work of the research unit with the following tasks:
- Support in the organizational and thematic development of the research unit
- Project development, review of eligible research funds, development and writing of proposals
- Communication with external partners and clients
- Organization of stakeholder workshops and events
- Assistance in the formal implementation of international research projects
- Representation of the Off-Grid Systems team at events
- Candidates must be enrolled in a bachelor’s/master’s degree program, preferably Renewable Energy, Economics, Political Sciences, Development Studies or a related relevant field.
- Strong interest in the topics of clean energy supply, energy justice, energy access.
- Residence and right of abode in Germany is required.
- Excellent English language skills are required (C1). Further language competencies (e.g. German, French, Spanish) are an asset.
- Interest and motivation to support the deployment of renewable energies worldwide.
- We expect successful candidates to work independently, systematically, and thoroughly with minimal supervision. He/she should be able to communicate and document research results on his/her own.
What we offer:
- A friendly and open work environment with a young team (RLI currently has about 100 employees, with 40 students)
- A transparent and participatory organizational culture
- Participation in an interdisciplinary, international research team
- Academic support and supervision
- Opportunity to gain initial experience in the field of applied renewable energy research
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work (partially) remotely, according to your needs
- Office on the Science Campus Adlershof, excellent public transport access
- Position to be filled as of 01.03.2022
- Fixed-term contract for 6 months (extension possible)
- Between 40 and 80 hours per month (according to your needs)
- Wage 12.96 EUR/hour in accordance with TV Stud III
- Option to write a bachelor’s / master’s thesis based on the research conducted in this position – please indicate in your application if you are interested
Kindly upload your application (cover letter, CV, transcript of records) in one single PDF file with the file name YourFirstname.YourLastname here:
We regret that we cannot consider applications that do not meet these criteria or are sent to us in other ways.
Questions regarding tasks and scope of the work are answered by Philipp Blechinger.
Your contact person for the application process is Marlene Buthenhoff.
RLI has signed the German Diversity Charter (Charta der Vielfalt). We welcome and value diversity in our institute and, in addition to our commitment to the energy transition, we actively advocate for the equality of all people. You and your application are welcome with us! Sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, religion, world view within the Liberal Democratic Basic Order, disability, or age do not play a role.