SUUCCM Conference13. September 2018
19.–21.09. | Philippines Mini-Grid B2B Forum19. September 2018
Fleet analysis and charging infrastructure planning for the city of Witten
Project duration: September – December 2018
RLI has developed an e-mobility concept for the city of Witten as part of an implementation counseling. The aim was to help the city to convert its municipal vehicle fleet to electric vehicles. For this purpose, the mobility behavior of the city administration’s employees was analyzed, potentials for savings through sustainable mobility options was identified, and a framework for implementation, in particular the procurement of vehicles and planning of charging infrastructure, was developed. Approaches that included the shared use of vehicles were also taken into account.
For the city of Witten, the feasible e-mobility potential was to be identified. Methods and instruments developed within the framework of a previous research project
© Image: RLI, OpenStreetMap Contributors
The e-mobility concept is being developed in three phases:
- Determination of the mobility needs of the city administration’s employees
- Analysis of the current fleet capacity and utilization
- Determination of the requirements for the electrified fleet
- Examination of potentials to replace parts of the fleet by electrically operated carsharing systems and/or (cargo) bikes
- Procurement of electric vehicles: Advice on vehicle types
- Charging infrastructure planning: Optimum location distribution of charging points in Witten
The project Municipal E-mobility Scheme for Witten received funding in context of the Funding Program „Elektromobilität in Kommunen“ (E-Mobility in Municipalities) issued by the State Government of North-Rhine North Rhine-Westphalia.